Make sure you check the deadbolts in your home to see if they are correctly locking. Here is a video that explains how to do that.
The DIY network has a great video reminder on how to make sure you keep safety in mind while decorating for Christmas this year. Check it out!
1. Use an artificial tree that is fire resistant.
2. If using a real tree, cut a few inches off the bottom of the trunk of the tree and water daily.
3. Make sure the real tree is secured in a steady stand and not placed near a heat source or heating register that would dry it out.
4. Use lights that have the UL mark: red = outdoor and green= indoor
5. When hanging outside lights, use a sturdy and secure ladder to hang the lights with clips that will make it easier.
6. Do not overload outlets with plugs from lights and other Christmas electric decorations.
7. Make sure you turn lights and electrical items off when you go to bed.